The first project and the inspiration for the start of illuminate india
Funds raised for the special needs children at ISRC go directly to provide the following:
Currently raising funds for:
- 1 year of physical therapy, special education for 10 children. Needed: $10,000
- Nutritious meals for 30 children. Needed: $10,000 Join Curry for a Child to help feed them!
- Tuition for 2 students to attend school outside of the children's home. Cost TBA
- Hire a one-on-one assistant for a child with more severe needs. Cost TBA
- Augmentative communication devices for teaching communication skills to nonverbal and non-mobile children. Cost TBA
- Hire an instructor to teach children to use augmentative communication devices. Cost TBA
brighten the futures of the special needs children at Isrc!
In 2014 we received a 25K matching grant from a generous donor. Two amazing ladies took the fundraising challenge and climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro raising $19K. Individual donors pitched in and two Curry for a Cause events were hosted for a grant total of $75K raised to help ISRC purchase a new building for the special needs children. The old building was a rental and had a tall staircase that was becoming a hazard as many of the immobile children are getting older and heavier. The new building is right around the corner from their main building, and even has an outdoor courtyard for the children to play in.
In 2013, we raised funds to provide a van for ISRC to transport the special needs children to medical appointments, outside therapies, and park visits. The park is a highlight for the children and whenever we visit, we make sure to schedule a park play date.
In 2012, we funded much needed renovations for the building that the special needs children live in.