curry can change lives
Love Indian food? Curry for a Cause is a fun way to raise funds and have a cultural experience. These events have been hosted in Idaho, Oregon, and Australia over the past 6 years. Each Curry for a Cause event has raised between $5K and $16K for vulnerable children in India. Consider hosting one in your town! Read on for more details.
watch carrie and cath talk about why they decided
to host a curry for a cause!
Tips for a successful Curry for a cause
- Authentic Indian Food. If you or someone you know is not a master Indian food chef, have the dinner catered by a well-rated local Indian restaurant. Charge a price per plate, we've done $25.
- Location. Make sure you have enough room to set up a buffet line, ticket area, and tables. If you don't have a cheap connection for renting a space or getting a space donated, consider having your Curry for a Cause in a large home or outdoors if weather permits.
- Henna Artist. Having a henna artist or two on hand to do free henna tattoos is a fun way to enhance the cultural experience for your guests.
- Bollywood Dance Performance. Ask someone who is skilled at Bollywood or other types of Indian dancing to donate their time to perform during dinner.
- Indian Music. Pipe it through speakers and have it playing in the background throughout the event.
- Live Auction. This is the moneymaker. Well before the event, go around to local businesses and talented friends and ask them to donate items, gift cards, etc. to be auctioned off. We'll give you the documentation you need to solicit these types of donations. Silent auctions are another option although we've found they don't usually bring in as many funds as the live auction.
- Volunteers. Make sure you have enough of them so that your event is fun and not stressful. The more people you have buying into the event and the cause, the more successful it will be!
- Contact Us. Let us know when you are having your Curry for a Cause and we will provide you with more tips and all of the resources you'll need from us.
WANT TO HOST A CURRY FOR A CAUSE?
Sign up below and we'll respond asap.