"I think a hero is any person really intent on
making this a better place for all people."
Be their hero
There are many ways to get involved and be part of the solution for vulnerable children in India. You don't have to have tons of money or have a certain talent to help. You just have to have a heart to change a life! Here are some ideas that range from something simple like a garage sale or coin drive, to something more extreme like climbing a mountain or running a marathon. You can find the idea that suits you, or come up with something unique!
Check out these ideas and find something that fits you!
SPREAD THE WORD
Tell your friends and family about us. It’s as simple as that! By shining light on the need, you instantly become an advocate for impoverished children in India. You become the voice that will bring them hope and change.
"I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things."
The McClelland Family hosted a 5K in their town! Proceeds went to help special needs orphans receive therapy, special education, and nutritious meals.
ORGANIZE AN EVENT
- Love Entertaining? Host a "Curry for a Cause" Dinner party. More details on the Curry for a Cause page.
- Host a fundraiser at a local business. Some restaurants and coffee shops are willing to donate a portion of the sales of a particular drink or food item to benefit Illuminate India.
- Organize a team to run a 5K. Get sponsors and run to brighten the futures of vulnerable children in India!
below are two events we've set up that you can host in your town!
SHARE YOUR TALENTS
- Donate your expertise. Do you have experience with web design, videography, event planning, marketing, accounting, creative writing or grant writing? If so, please fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page to share your talents.
- Create something and sell it! Do you make jewelry, enjoy knitting or baking? Host a bake sale or sell your creations, photography or art.
- Do you instruct or teach others? Offer a special class with a portion of the fees being applied as a contribution.
OTHER INNOVATIVE WAYS TO HELP
- Ask your company for support. Many businesses offer company matching opportunities, doubling the impact of your donation. Speak to your HR representative to qualify Illuminate India to receive a matching gift for your contribution.
- Gather your loose change. Hold a ”Change for Children” coin drive at your office, community group or school.
- Donate airline miles. All of our travel expenses are paid with personal accounts or resources donated specifically for travel.
- Event scout. Keep an eye out for events in your area that Illuminate India could participate in. Bringing awareness to the cause is a powerful way to create change for these children.
- Ask for donations to Illuminate India instead of gifts at your wedding or birthday. Set up your own online fundraiser. Friends and family can donate online, you can share on your social media sites, and keep track of your total.
the good old-fashioned Donate button
- We are a U.S. 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law: EIN 45-3301302
- Give monthly. You can set that up right HERE.
- Give a one-time donation.
- Donate through your business, remember - it's tax deductible!
- If you prefer, you can send your donation: 2640 E Barnett Rd, Suite E-223 Medford, OR 97504